B. Scott Andrews, Sr.
Scott Andrews is licensed to practice law in Louisiana (since 1996) and Texas (since 2006), and is admitted to practice in all Federal Courts in Louisiana, and before the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court. For the past seven years, Scott has served as an Adjunct Law Professor at the Southern University Law Center teaching Advanced Louisiana Torts, Insurance Law and Products Liability.
Scott Andrews earned the prestigious AV peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell and was the 2014-2015 recipient of the LAJ President's Award. Scott has been selected by his peers for inclusion in both Best Lawyers in America© 2016-2018 and Louisiana Super Lawyers (2012-2018), in the practice area of Personal Injury Plaintiff. Scott was also selected for membership in The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers and The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40.
Scott was a 2011 Baton Rouge Business Report Forty Under 40 honoree, is Chairman/President of the Northwestern State University Foundation Board of Directors and is a former President of the Wex Malone American Inn of Court.
Scott Andrews is a Member of the Louisiana Law Review, Order of the Coif, and the LSU Law Center Hall of Fame.
Scott Andrews began his association with the Dué law firm as a law clerk during law school and continued after law school. While the firm's office is located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Scott Andrews handles serious Personal Injury and Wrongful Death cases throughout Louisiana, with the highest concentration of injury and death cases being handled in the greater Baton Rouge and Monroe, Louisiana areas.
Scott was a member of the Baton Rouge Rotary Club (Classification: Admiralty) for several years and served on the Small Law Firm Customer Advisory Board for Thomson West. Scott served on the LAJ Board of Governors and is a long-time member of the House of Delegates - 19th JDC - of the Louisiana State Bar Association (LSBA). Scott serves as an elected member of the LSBA's Legislation Committee and was a member of the LSBA Ad Hoc Legislation Advisory Committee. Scott is a member of the Louisiana Bar Foundation's Class of 2008.
J.D., Paul M. Hebert LSU Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 1996
The Order of the Coif
B.A. Political Science, Northwestern State University, Natchitoches, Louisiana, 1992
Graduated with Honors
Student Government Association President, 1991 - 1992
United States Supreme Court
Middle District of Louisiana, 1996
Eastern District of Louisiana, 1996
Western District of Louisiana, 1996
Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1996
Member Since: 1996
Member Since: 2006
Louisiana State Bar Association
House of Delegates, 19th JDC
Member Since: 2005
Member Since: 2006
Baton Rouge Bar Association
American Association for Justice
Louisiana Association for Justice
- Dué Guidry Piedrahita Andrews L.C., Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 2016- present.
- Dué Price Guidry Piedrahita & Andrews APA, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 1996-2016.
- State of Louisiana, Office of Group Benefits, Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) Contract Negotiator, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 1992 - 1993.
At the Paul M. Hebert LSU Law Center:
- Member, LSU Hall of Fame.
- Member, Louisiana Law Review, 1995-1996.
- Candidate, Louisiana Law Review, 1994-1995.
- Chancellor's List: Fall 1993, Fall 1994, Spring 1995, Fall 1995, and Spring 1996.
- LSU Board of Supervisors Scholarship, 1994-1996.
- Class of 1950 Scholarship, 1994-1996.
- CALI Award-Employment Law.
- Member, Phi Kappa Phi.
At Northwestern State University:
- Student Member-Alumni Association Board of Directors, 1991-1992.
- Student Government Association Senator of the Year, 1991.
- Member, Blue Key National Honor Fraternity.
- Outstanding Social Sciences Senior, 1992.
- Mayor's Award, City of Natchitoches, 1992.
- Kappa Alpha Order.
- LAJ President's Award - 2014-2015.
- The Best Lawyers in America© - 2016-2018 - Personal Injury Plaintiff.
- Louisiana Super Lawyers - 2012-2018 - Personal Injury Plaintiff.
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers - 2013-2018
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 - 2012-2013
- Baton Rouge Business Report 2011 Forty Under 40.
- Martindale-Hubbell - AV Peer Review Rated.
- Northwestern State University Foundation Board of Directors, 2006-present.
Chairman/President - 2017 - . President-Elect/Vice-President - 2015- present. Secretary - 2012 - 2014. Treasurer - 2009 - 2011.
Chairman, Audit Committee-2009.
- Northwestern State University Alumni Association Board of Directors, 2003-2006.
- Northwestern State University President's Council, 2003-present.
- Thomson West Publishing Small Law Firm Advisory Board, 2006-2007.
- Wex Malone American Inn of Court, 2000-2016.
Executive Committee, 2006-present.
- Rotary Club of Baton Rouge, Classification, Legal, Admiralty Law, 1998-2003.
Chairman-Group Study Exchange Committee.
- Mayor's Award, City of Natchitoches, 1993.
- Credentials Committee Chairman, Young Democrats of America, 1993-1995.
- Author, Comment "Premises Liability-The Comparison of Fault Between Negligent and Intentional Actors," 55 La.L.Rev. 1149 (1995). The comment has been cited by the Washington Supreme Court, the Court of Appeals of Arizona (Grant, dissenting in part), the District Court of Appeal of Florida, and by fellow commentators in the Louisiana Law Review, Tulane Law Review, Columbia Law Review, Florida Law Review, Notre Dame Law Review, Stetson Law Review, Wyoming Law Review, Defense Counsel Journal, ALR 5th, Am. Jur. Proof of Facts 3d. and Comparative Negligence Manual
- Publisher - LouisianaInjuryLawyerBlog.com
- Co-Author, "Lewis vs. Lewis & Clark Marine, Inc.: 'Savings to Suitors' the Right to Litigate in State Court When Limitation Is Not at Issue," Louisiana Advocates, Vol. XVI, No. 4 (April 2001).
- Co-Author, "Remand: The Amount of Controversy Requirement May No Longer be Controversial," Louisiana Advocates, Vol. XV, No. 11 (Nov. 2000).
- Co-Author, "La.R.S. 9:2800 vs. La.Civ.Code art. 2317: Would the Real Strict Liability Article Please Stand Up," Louisiana Advocates, Vol. XV, No. 9 (Sept. 2000).
- Co-Author, "Commercial Automobile Insurance Coverage: Are you Really Protected?" Louisiana Advocates, Vol. XV, No. 8 (Aug. 2000).