Common Types of Louisiana Auto Insurance Coverage

Bodily Injury Liability (BI)
If an insured person is legally liable for an accident, BI coverage pays for injuries/death to people involved in the accident other than the insured driver. BI also pays for legal defense costs if you are sued.

Property Damage Liability (PD)
If an insured person is legally liable for an accident, PD coverage pays for damage to other persons’ property resulting from the accident. PD also pays for legal defense costs if you are sued.

Collision (optional)
When your insured vehicle overturns or collides with another object, collision coverage pays for the damage to your vehicle, regardless of who is at fault. Collision coverage also may extend to a non-owned vehicle or one rented for personal use that is in your custody or that you are operating.

Comprehensive (optional)

If your insured vehicle is damaged due to an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the damage. This includes damages from fire, theft, windstorm, flood and vandalism.

Roadside Assistance/Towing
Roadside Assistance provides services such as towing, flat tire change, locksmith service and battery jump-start.

Rental Reimbursement
Rental Reimbursement provides rental car coverage in the daily rental amount limit purchased.

Medical Payments (Med Pay)
Med Pay pays for medical and funeral expenses for covered persons, as a result of an auto accident.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Liability (UM)
If a driver or owner of a vehicle does not have insurance, or does not have enough, and is legally liable for an accident, you can use UM coverage for injuries, including death, that an insured sustains, up to the limits you select.

Economic Only UM

Covers only economic loss, i.e. medical, funeral, and lost wages. Excludes noneconomic loss which is any loss other than economic loss and includes but is not limited to pain, suffering, inconvenience, mental anguish, and other noneconomic damages otherwise recoverable under the laws of Louisiana.

Uninsured/Underinsured Property Damage (UMPD)
If a driver or owner of a vehicle is legally liable for an accident but does not have insurance or does not have enough insurance, you can use UMPD to cover damage to your insured vehicle, up to the limits you select. UMPD is available as an alternative to collision coverage for PD caused by other persons’ fault.

Client Reviews

"Amazing place to work and best place to go if you’re looking for Attorney’s that care about YOU & YOUR treatment/recovery."


"I would have been so lost without your help. Thank you for making me feel like a normal human being again! I just love y'all!"


"Thanks again for all you have done. I can't explain the peace of mind I have had since talking to you."


"You have been such an important part of our lives! You have done so much to help and make life enjoyable after the accident! Thank you for all the love and support!"


Contact Us

  1. 1 Free Consultation
  2. 2 Will Travel to You
  3. 3 No Fee Unless We Recover
Fill out the contact form or call us at (225) 929-7481 to schedule your free consultation.

Leave Us a Message